I read somewhere that the official flower of the military brat is the dandelion. Why a dandelion? The plant puts down roots almost anywhere, and it's almost impossible to destroy. The dandelion is an unpretentious plant, yet good looking (except for the habit of being where you least expect it.) It's a survivor in a broad range of climates.
Experts say that military children are well-rounded, culturally aware, tolerant, and extremely resilient. But, that doesn’t happen by accident. Behind every military child are military parents working hard to enhance the lifestyle that is handed to our military brats — even before they can appreciate it.
To read full article click here.
- April – Month of the Military Child
- Did You Know: Take Your Child To Work Day is Thursday, April 28, 2011
- Did You Know: Discount KC Royal Tickets to Celebrate Month of the Military Child
- Today’s Inspiration: Education of the Military Child (#milfam, #milchild, #military)
- May Is Military Appreciation Month – Thank A Service Member Here!